The Manager, Science Test Development will work with the Science content team to develop and manage products for online and paper-pencil assessment programs. You will be the primary representative to the client on matters specific to content item and test form development.
• Managing internal and external item writing and reviewing to meet internal and external deadlines;
• Leading client committee meetings in which stakeholders review the content and grade-appropriateness of test items;
• Leading constructed-response scoring activities to identify exemplar student responses, monitor scorer training, and audit scoring sessions;
• Writing, revising, and reviewing test items (questions) based on scientific content correctness and appropriateness, fairness, and project specifications;
• Helping develop new machine-scored item types;
• Developing ways to use the new item types to assess aspects of science content not amenable to paper-pencil assessment;
• Resolving client feedback on test items and test forms;
• Assembling and reviewing field test and operational test forms, working with technical staff to meet content and statistical specifications;
• Designing, and resolving client feedback on test specification documents, style guides, test blueprints, and specific student aids;
• Supporting technical staff at client committee meetings in which stakeholders review statistical data of administered test forms;
• Managing test item pools.