The candidate will be responsible for understanding the technical underpinnings and functionality of the online testing software. Based on that understanding, the candidate should be able to provide tier-2 support to the various users of this system, including the Assessment HelpDesk and in some cases, the users in the field. The candidate should be able to track and prioritize the different requests that are sent by the users and escalate it to the different team members.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide tier 2 contact and problem resolution for all system requests escalated by the Assessment Help Desk team in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Ability to quickly ramp up and understand the technical functionality, processes, and underpinnings of the applications.
3. Ability to support PC and peripheral installation and troubleshooting on Macs, Linux and Windows machines; problem/incident recording, and problem resolution/escalation.
4. Provide accurate and timely logging of issues and resolutions in the ticketing system.
5. If escalated by the Assessment Help Desk team, ability to interact with external users to obtain and convey concise problem information in a professional manner by phone, email, and in person.
6. Help resolve as many user-reported problems in adherence with established procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
7. Regular communication with the core item bank software team, CSSC team and the project directors.