The Research Associate will provide support on at least two projects focused on education and English language learners. The work will be focused in the content area of English language learners and quantitative research/ analysis; quantitative skills are a plus. For one project, the Research Associate will assist on a day-to-day basis in support of activities pertaining to child assessments, conducting classroom observations, training staff for data collection, preparing reports, and facilitating data feedback loops. Bilingual expertise (Spanish/English) is required for this position.
The work may involve some translation of documents for research participants as well as reviewing translated documents (Spanish/English). Other activities may include:
• Reviewing and processing data;
• Conducting interviews
• Conducting data analysis;
• Conducting data quality checks;
• Preparing and reviewing data tables, figures, and data documentation;
• Assisting with writing and the review of research papers and statistical reports;
• Revising manuscripts in response to editorial and technical comments;
• Preparing products for release based on detailed publication standards; and
• Developing presentations for professional audiences.