The Lead Database Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and review of all database development activities to include implementation of new data schema, fields, or data values. Employs best database development knowledge to address performance, scalability, and efficiency issues with high transaction volume systems and configures and tests new database features for new releases. Will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and responsible for providing leadership in Database architecture and Design to all cross functions in the department.
• Design database schema based on data modeling of business requirements and entities.
• Document schema design in E-R diagrams using MS Visio and maintain data dictionaries for all tables.
• Write new stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, constraints, etc.
• Review SQL code written by application developers to ensure compliance to coding standards and best practices as well as maximum performance.
• Create deployment and rollback scripts for all database objects manually or auto-generated.
• Analyze access patterns and propose the best combination of indexes, constraints, foreign keys, and queries.
• Troubleshoot performance problems and propose short term fixes and long term solutions.
• Create SSIS packages for data transformation, cleansing, caching, aggregation, staging, and transfer.
• Work with Architects and lead developers to come up with optimal database design