AIR is seeking a Finance and Compliance Manager for a five year, USAID-funded Reading Project in Zambia. “Let’s Read, Zambia” will target approximately 1.4 million students in 4,000 public and community primary schools, including Early Childhood Centers that are clustered in an estimated 400 zones in 48 districts in the provinces of Lusaka, Southern, Muchinga, Eastern, and Northwestern. The project will ensure that students attending Grades 1, 2, and 3 in Zambian public and community schools in the five targeted provinces have an opportunity to learn to read grade level text with comprehension and to write at grade level in one of the seven local official languages of instruction: Cinyanja, Chitonga, Icibemba, Kiikaonde, Lunda, Luvale and Silozi after three years of primary schooling in Grades 1-3.
The Finance and Compliance Manager will provide overall financial and compliance support to the project. This will include:
• Initiating, developing, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
• Establishing internal control systems as well as accounting and financial reporting protocols for local subcontractors, working with AIR’s internal auditing system and Financial Comptroller
• Supervising activity financial staff and program budget matters
• Managing accounting and disbursement needs
• Verifying that procurements comply with USAID and AIR’s financial guidelines
• Instituting and maintaining an effective finance and compliance training program for the project and its subcontractors
• Ensuring adherence to management policies and assuring timely financial reporting to USAID
Eligibility: Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.