• Bachelor’s degree in communications, human resources, or similar liberal arts major required (journalism, corporate affairs, marketing/PR, etc.); advanced degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in communications/corporate communications (e.g., supporting corporate functions in Human Resources, Finance, Operations, IT, or similar) in a complex organization with geographically dispersed diverse staff.
• Minimum 5 years of experience leading an internal communications function and managing individual contributors or direct reports.
• Demonstrated experience in providing direct support to senior executives, specifically partnering with them to address change management communications and/or issues communications.
• Experience with developing and implementing results-driven internal communications strategies that align with business goals and objectives and measuring their effectiveness. Proven ability to manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent writing skills are a must, writing samples should be made available upon request.
• Proven ability to research, write, edit, and proofread internal communications (including talking points, intranet stories, PowerPoint presentations, and emails).
• Strong and demonstrated organizational skills with high level of attention to detail.
• Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment where decisions must be made and work done in real-time while planning for longer-lead assignments.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, networking, negotiation, and influencing skills. Proven teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Experience with internal communications platforms, software, and graphic design programs, such as SharePoint, Yammer, Adobe, etc.
• Internal communications processes and channels are aligned and upgraded to support a seamless, company-wide employee communications and engagement strategy.
• AIR Human Resources is fully supported as a key business partner with regard to benefit, culture, and agile staff messaging and communication.
• Senior executives are fully engaged and supported in broad and effective employee communication strategies.
• Establishment of an internal communications infrastructure that provides a continuous feedback loop for staff and senior leadership.