The Test Development Project Manager will assist with managing all aspects of state testing projects. They must be able to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment; anticipate problems and come up with creative methods of solving them; develop strong, positive, constructive relationships with clients; coordinate among the various functional teams; and make sure that quality control procedures are adhered to in order to produce high quality assessments within deadline and budget. They must be able to work in an environment where project requirements often change and evolve, and must be comfortable seeking out information and advice, when necessary. They must be able to conceptualize how all the parts of a complex project fit together and what a change to one part will mean for the other parts. Successful candidates will create a proactive culture in which the efficient creation of high quality products is second nature.
The responsibilities of the Test Development Project Manager include:
· Serves as the primary test development contact with the client (external and internal)
· Works with state clients to ensure that test development plans and schedules are viable, that the state understands their roles and deadlines, and that clear lines of communication are established
· Manages the test development project schedule to ensure the on time delivery of all test development client deliverables. Ensure that deliverables are aligned to program scope and in line with project budget.
· Translates test development project scope and schedule into detailed tasks for the accurate assignment of resources and to support the resource planning and allocation
· Coordinates the development of blueprints, specifications and item development plans to ensure all resources working on the project understand the specifications and customer preferences
· Oversees all client content meetings
· Manages the setup of client item banks and the transition of items from previous client banks. Maintains management and tracking oversight of all items to ensure they are ready for publication
· Works with test-building/configuration team to ensure that configuration files are available on schedule and are accurate
· Coordinates with overall or subject area content lead(s)to ensure high quality development and resolve client issues