• Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, education, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least six years of communications experience in a comparable organization or setting.
• Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
• Ability to comprehend technical material and translate for a lay audience.
• Enthusiasm for developing opportunities to inform and convene people around important issues.
• A keen interest in social and behavioral issues and a desire to generate work that contributes to the body of knowledge.
• The ability to work alone and on a team, a strong work ethic, a collegial bent, an ingrained deadline orientation, the ability to multi-task, and a sense of humor are essential.
• Familiarity or experience in health, workforce, and/or international development issues.
• An eye for visual design and effectiveness.
• Experience with digital communications tools (media databases and newswire services, content management systems and HTML, analytics, social media platforms, email marketing platforms).