1. Prepare the Division’s annual project and indirect budget, monitor performance of the same and develop action plans to achieve financial goals as necessary for all critical financial indicators including but not limited to revenue, components of revenue, profit/fee, indirect costs, investment costs, backlog, receivables and unbilled receivables.
2. Manage financial analysis, billing, and pricing staff in direct support of Division pursuit of new business and execution of existing client projects, as well as for the accomplishment of indirect and research & development initiatives.
3. Design and prepare standard financial reports that present relevant financial indicators to project management, senior finance management and senior corporate management who are responsible for attaining project, Division and corporate goals. Analyze the same and provide recommendations to guide the Division toward financial and business goals.
4. Ensure Division compliance with governing procurement regulations including those from numerous state, federal and commercial entities.
5. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of all client billings; ensure staff appropriately expedite accounts receivable not received within contractually defined payment terms.
6. Provide financial stewardship advice and training, and promote financial knowledge among the Division technical staff in support of project finances; increase financial understanding via outreach and communication especially in high risk areas, e.g., regulatory compliance, fixed price contracts, etc.
7. Play a lead role in identifying risk and developing risk mitigation plans during the capture, bid and execution phases of client and research & development projects.
8. Lead efforts relative to project structuring, resource planning, and contract negotiation for new projects or subcontracts; develop and manage relationships integral to the financial management of major vendors and subcontractors.
9. Develop and execute professional development activities for all staff supervised, including day-to-day operational needs such as related to company financial systems as well as long term broadening of knowledge base in financial and contractual subject matters.
10. Lead the effort to construct high quality, accurate and compliant proposal budgets that achieve AIR cost recovery and fee goals.
11. Develop and manage tracking and forecasting models for Division direct, indirect, research & development and investment funds, as well as cost allocation methodologies for shared services and unique cost and pricing opportunities.
12. Serve as liaison with legal counsel on compliance, intellectual property and other complex contractual considerations.