Be part of something innovative and cutting edge with a real-world impact. Join our team of more than two hundred software engineers, system architects, database engineers, graphic designers, project managers, QA analysts, and data analysts who are smart, creative, and excited by what they do.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. For nearly 70 years, we have designed, developed, and implemented large-scale assessment programs for states across the country with powerful results. AIR Assessment fuses statistics, technology, and content into powerful formative, summative, adaptive, alternate, and diagnostic assessments. These assessments help students learn, teachers teach, and parents know what is happening at school.
Our years of work and experience in software design and development has positioned us as a leader in the online testing industry and provided us the opportunity to make a positive difference in the educational systems that impact millions of students across the nation. During the 2016-2017 school year alone, AIR delivered 48 million online tests.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• Design and development of large-scale state assessment services
• Development of next-generation classroom products
• Advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• Mobile support for the user interfaces
• Learning management systems with social media features
• User interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• Innovative, machine-scorable items
• Business Intelligence and Machine Learning
We are currently seeking Software Engineer Interns to join our Washington, DC office for the summer. The ideal candidate will start in May and work fulltime through mid-August.