Provides oversight and direction for the administrative operations of an endowment investment office including cash management, investment performance and reporting, trade order processing, investment custody relations, document management and control processes. Serve as principal liaison on all investment-related legal, compliance, risk management and audit matters. Reports to the Chief Investment Officer and manages one direct report.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform cash management duties including monitoring all investment activity requiring cash transfers, obtaining required authorizations, transmittal of wire transfer requests, recording and documenting all activity, reconciling cash movements with custodian.
• Manage the trade processing and settlement process to include verification with broker, communicating trade terms with custodian bank, affirming trades, resolving failed trades or any discrepancies with broker and custodian and completing all necessary documentation.
• Provide regular and timely instruction to the custodian bank on all limited partnership capital calls and distributions, account redemptions, cash contributions and various other cash flow activity.
• Maintain investment models and reports.
• Review and validate investment performance and attribution data for all securities, pooled funds, separately managed accounts, limited partnerships and benchmarks.
• Work with investment team, custodian and external service providers to troubleshoot any anomalies in investment performance reporting.
• Lead the preparation of investment and other reports for quarterly governance meetings.
• Coordinate with external counsel for legal review of private partnership documents for new investments and prepare and submit all closing documentation.
• Assess and document valuation methodologies of illiquid investments.
• Establish, refine and implement key policies and procedures.
• Coordinate investment components of AIR’s financial statements and audit.
• Oversee document file storage and management.