• As a member of the practice area leadership team, serve as a thought leader and content expert to contribute to the vision for AIR’s future work in personalized learning to include knowing trends and market opportunities, and with others, creating and executing a plan to grow new work with federal, state, local, and foundation clients.
• Lead and support project directors in conceptualization, high quality implementation, and defining and measuring outcomes for capacity building and technical assistance work at the federal, state, and local levels.
• Conduct a variety of activities with staff and AIR’s Communications Department to achieve preeminence for AIR’s applied work in the education field through presentations at major conferences, publications, visits with clients, etc.
• Work with AIR’s Strategy Office and Practice Area leaders to identify new opportunities, cultivate funding sources, conceptualize, contribute to writing, and conduct critical technical reviews of major proposals.
Specific Responsibilities include:
1. Steering research, consulting, training and project work in direction of new sources of business and acting as a significant force for closing business and establishing AIR’s competitive advantage
2. Creating business development strategy for existing bodies of work and for specific new areas of growth, developing potential partners, deepening relationships with existing funders/build new funder relationships
Project and Client Management
3. Communicate regularly with clients and internal team members to gather feedback, sustain project momentum, and respond to day-to-day needs to cultivate and manage client relationships, including management of internal and external politics and handling escalation of stakeholder/external issues
4. Serve as an advisor and thought partner to district and/or state leaders as they make research-based decisions about reform efforts aimed at improving learning experiences for students and establish outcomes-driven theories of action for their work and defining clear roles and responsibilities for technical assistance projects.
Research-Based Technical Assistance and Writing
5. Oversee the design, writing, and use of research-based materials and resources for client engagements, including national, state, and district policy groups and task forces.
6. Transform strategic expertise and thought leadership on personalized learning, including competency-based education, technology solutions, data literacy, and student-centered learning environments, into valuable resources for the education field, which will also build and support AIR’s eminence on this topic