Principal responsibility involves communication support to NCES on outreach activities as directed, with an emphasis on establishing a social media presence. Responsibilities may include: social media activities (e.g., developing and implementing social strategies and tactics, drafting and clearing “tweets,” updating the campaign Facebook page); developing and updating Web information and outreach-related materials; developing and monitoring timelines; other programmatic and administrative duties, as assigned.
Specific duties will include:
• Developing communication strategies to increase outreach efforts for NCES in a collaborative environment that incorporates both traditional and social/digital media strategies.
• Establishing and managing a social media presence for NCES, including developing protocols for routinely monitoring, posting, and evaluating social media activities
• Researching and creating social media elements to NCES, including messages for Twitter, links to timely resources and information, such as blogs and other Websites.
• Routinely updating, monitoring and evaluating social media pages, such as the NCES Facebook page.
• Seeking and submitting opportunities for posting information, updating information, linking to information to keep content fresh, and opportunities to promote NCES products and publications.
• Working closely with NCES on overall social media strategy and implementation.
• Continually following current events and information on education that may affect outreach materials and may be appropriate for posting to social media sites.
• Developing materials that support strategic communication plans and the promotion of NCES (e.g., fact sheets, summaries, reports on evaluation/metrics) and ensuring that appropriate clearances and approvals are received.
• Providing ad-hoc support for other communication-related project work, such as materials and message development and staffing client meetings/conferences.