The Training Specialist will be responsible for developing training materials and conducting end-user training on AIR's software applications for test administrators and coordinators, district/school information technology personnel, educators, and state departments of education. End-user trainings may occur in person at client sites or virtually (webinars, conference calls, etc).
• Developing course content for end-user training on AIR’s Test Delivery System, Test Information Distribution Engine, Online Reporting System, Learning Point Navigator, and other online applications.
• Working closely with program management, software developers, content developers, and other teams to ensure accurate, effective trainings.
• Facilitating in-person training sessions for up to 200 participants. Training sessions may include the hands-on use of technology by all participants.
• Recommending and implementing changes to the training programs and materials. Presenting opportunities to use new training techniques, including technology, as it relates to adult learning.
• Assisting with development and modification of system user guides and manuals.
• Developing and maintaining end-user materials including informational (how-to) presentations, tip sheets, FAQs, online modules, interactive courses, and videos. .
• Providing ongoing follow-up support to clients and program team, including ensuring that training venues have appropriate technology, ensuring all materials are prepared and distributed in advance, and providing a mechanism to track participation in training sessions.
• Collaborating with and initiating feedback to management on necessary training objectives.