• M.S. or Ph.D. from a statistics, mathematics, computer science, computational social science or operations research program is preferred.
• 10+ years of overall work experience in IT and the social sciences
• Ability to apply creative thinking at the intersection of data science, big data, technology, and the social sciences
• Prior professional services and consulting experience a plus
• Knowledge of and experience with Federal, state and local government clients and data sets
• Well-developed leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Organized with the ability to lead multiple projects under moving deadlines
• Works effectively with technical and non-technical staff
• Experience with machine learning techniques to be able direct and implement such tasks and/or projects in support of AIR’s mission for social good
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to non-technical audiences, management and experts in non-data fields.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.