• Bachelor’s degree in English, Education, or a social sciences discipline (Master’s preferred) with 1+ years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent subject area knowledge is required.
• Experience in assessment is desirable.
• Classroom instruction experience is desirable.
• Must be comfortable with and interested in learning new skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
• An ability to pay strict attention to detail is essential.
• An ability to deal diplomatically with clients and stakeholders is essential.
• An ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines is essential.
• An ability to work collaboratively with a team is essential
Required travel for this position ranges from 1 week to upwards of 6-8 weeks per year. Candidates should be able to travel as required for 1 to 2 weeks at a time, especially in the summer. However, travel will not be limited to the summer months.
AIR Assessment is one of America’s leading K -12 educational assessment entities, currently holding prime contracts for educational testing and scoring in many states. AIR Assessment is a national leader in computer based adaptive assessments; a market that is rapidly growing. We focus on providing our clients with customized assessments that not only measure student achievement against state standards, but also provide meaningful score reports that can help students, parents, and educators address any areas of student weakness. Our environment is fast-paced and requires people at all levels who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done on time while maintaining high quality. As a part of AIR, a not-for-profit organization, we are more than 1,900 people working to improve lives in communities domestically and around the world. Our mission calls for us to turn the best research into practice, which we do in every arena in which we work.
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
American Institutes for Research is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
American Institutes for Research’s commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Erica Nicholson at email@example.com or call 202.403.5846.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.