The Pricing Specialist is in a position that actively contributes to the strategic future of AIR. The Pricing Specialist participates in the analysis of Requests for Proposals from federal, state, foundation and commercial entities for the purpose of identifying risks, trends and deviations from the norm, for engaging, in a leadership role, in the development of a strategic, fully-compliant business proposal, and for developing and maintaining a knowledge base of strategic pricing information and methodologies.
• Review the cost and business requirements of Requests for Proposals and customer requests for contract
modifications and participate in development of a pricing strategy/approach.
• Develop appropriate pricing templates utilizing Microsoft Excel that conform to solicitation
requirements and AIR pricing standards. Provide effective pricing direction and support to internal staff
and external partners including consultants and subcontractors. Ensure required cost proposal schedules
are prepared timely and accurately.
• Review all pricing data submitted by project staff and external entities for accuracy, completeness,
consistency, reasonableness and adherence to AIR pricing guidelines. facilitate changes as necessary.
• Work with the appropriate Contracts & Grants Specialist in preparing and coordinating business volume
• Review and maintain cost proposal-related files and databases.
• Assist with the development of a network of cost proposal-related files and databases and integrate the
information from the same into the strategy development process.
• Scan pricing environment/industry for trends and deviations from the norm and communicate notable
findings with recommendations to senior management with the intent of keeping AIR on the “leading
edge” of the community within which AIR exists.
• Assist with the development of intelligence-based pricing standards, strategies and best practices where
applicable and integrate the same throughout the organization; ensuring Pricing Unit and proposal teams
are aware of and utilizing them in preparation of their cost input.